Special Effects 10 February 2017

We were introduced to our new module leader, Nilly. In the lesson our task was to team up in groups of 3 and film a sequence to be used for special effect purposes.

Planning

I was teamed up with Ryan and Dylan. Our aim was to create our own version of a scene from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. It was decided that I would be filmed so we got to writing a script.

Filming

We went downstairs to film in a separate room, first we had to wait for another to do their filming. Eventually we were given free reign, the three of us encountered camera problems such as lighting issues and a tripod leg being stuck these were swiftly rectified. In my opinion, our group worked well.

Editing

Next was to take the shots from the camera’s memory card and upload them to the computer. I opened up After Effects and dragged in a YouTube video of Star Wars and overlayed footage of myself using the mask tool, which took away the background leaving just the person in a different scene.

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s